JBC Control Systems Limited is a data controller for the purposes of data protection law. The Company collects, uses and discloses personal information relating to you for a variety of purposes both during and after your engagement with the Company. The Company is committed to ensuring that your personal information is handled in accordance with all applicable data privacy laws, which sets forth appropriate standards for the processing of your information.
Types of information processes
Some of the information that the Company uses (in both paper and electronic format), where appropriate and permitted by law, includes personal details relating to you, such as your name, professional contacts, bank account details and related information, financial information.
Purpose of processing
1. To fulfil out contract with you
We collect and use your information primarily for the purpose of managing our working relationship with you, for example in order to arrange payment for the provision of services, including purchase orders, to manage our business relationship with you and otherwise to fulfil any contractual obligations owed to you.
2. Where required by applicable law
The Company may be required under local laws to maintain records that can include personal information for reasons such as mandatory reporting, tax and accounting requirements.
3. Where you have consented
For certain types of information, the Company may rely on your consent to the use of such information. In that event, you will be entitled to withdraw your consent at any time.
4. To fulfil our legitimate business interests
The Company also may process your information in furtherance of its own legitimate business interests, which shall include planning for, conducting and monitoring the business and our supplier contracts, internal analysis and market research.
The Company will only use your information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we reasonably consider that we need it for another purpose that is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your information for an unrelated but compatible purpose, we will notify you in advance of our use of your information and explain the legal basis for this. Note that we may process your information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by applicable law.
Security and data retention
The Company maintains reasonable security measures to safeguard your information from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. The Company also maintains reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
Your information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Disclosure and transfer of information
You should be aware that in certain circumstances, the Company may need to transfer or disclose your personal information to independent organizations, including service providers rendering services on the Company’s behalf. Where it is consistent with the purposes outlined above, the Company may disclose or transfer your information to the following categories of third parties, who provide administrative and logistical support services to the Company. E.g. accountancy, legal, IT.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Data Protection Manager in writing. If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, you should inform us of such changes so that your information may be updated or corrected.
You may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you consider that Company’s processing of your information infringes applicable law.
Changes to this notice
The provisions of the notice may be altered by the Company from time to time. Any alteration or addition will be posted on our website www.jbc-controls.co.uk.
You may raise any issues regarding the processing of your personal information by contacting our Data Protection Manager Jeremy Quinn – email email@example.com.
THE DIRECTORS OF JBC CONTROL SYSTEMS LTD